Monday, July 27, 2009

Everything old is new again...

For years I talked about my time as a teacher. Past tense. I was a teacher. I taught six years. I coached cheerleading five years. I had babies. I quit teaching. I worked as an assistant to a collegiate cheerleading coach and choreographer who ran a cheer gym, cheer camps, cheer competitions and started his own line of cheerleading apparel.

Then I got my real estate license and sold houses. Then I did lots of volunteer ministry stuff. Then I taught journalism at our kids' Christian school.

Which brings us to now.

Now I am going back to work full time. And all the old things... the lesson plans, the grading, the conferences, the meetings, the psychological exhaustion at the end of the day, the housework that is still there even though I'm not, all those things are new again.

When my kids head back to school in a few weeks, so will I. I'll be there all day, just like they are. I can hardly wrap my mind around what that is going to look like. Yet one thing is becoming abundantly clear.

I'm not going to be blogging with any consistency at all. Sort of like this month. When life is relaxed, the creativity flows. When life is planned down to the minute, not so much. I've been reading 7th and 9th grade literature. Interesting. Truly. But I haven't had time to blog.

While this blog is a little like the hand-in-the-bucket-of-water, the one that I really will miss is the Christmas blog. Sadly to say, there is no way that I can Celebrate Christmas in the blogosphere this year. So if you are one of the Friends who celebrated Christmas with us last year by contributing to the blog, I would love to hand it over to someone else. Posting a holiday blog everyday from early November through early January isn't for the faint of heart. But it is a huge blessing. Interested? Shoot me an email. :)

No comments: