Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ode to a head cold...

Nah. It's not really an ode, but it does make a catchy title.

I think I have a head cold. Either that or I've developed an allergy to leather. When I sit in my chair in the family room or drive my car, my nose gets all stuffy. I went outside this afternoon and sat by the pool and sweated profusely (ew), but felt much better. Then I came inside. I've felt pooey ever since.

AANNNYYYWAAYYY... Jimmy is watching World Cup soccer. In itself that's pretty funny because he hates soccer. Yet, he is sitting there watching a game between Brazil and North Korea, talking about how impressive it is when soccer players ... hmmm ... kick a curve ball? I don't know. I've never been able to watch the sport before, so ... yeah ... whatever you call it.

So, we're watching this soccer extravaganza and I see that one of the teams is PRK. PRK? I don't remember a PRK in the geography category. Then PRK scores and the announcer says North Korea scored. North Korea?! So Jimmy's trying to explain to me how PRK is the People's Republic of Korea. OK.

And now I'm off to other thoughts, as my stuffiness has apparently affected my ability to concentrate, too. Speaking of my concentration ability, about three weeks ago Mr. Mack from school suggested that I take Gingko Biloba to help improve my concentration. He estimated that it would take about three days to build up in my system to the point where I would notice a difference in my ability to concentrate. I bought some right away. Does it work? I'll get back to you on that one. So far I haven't remembered to take it more than two days in a row.

So now we're watching the NBA Finals (which evidently are so special that the word Finals has earned a cursive font from the graphics whizzes at ABC). Rasheed is still playing. Amazing.

I watched Underdog for the first time today. I've watched Meet the Robinsons (bits and pieces of it) twice in the last 36ish hours.

I think the funniest thing about this World Cup soccer thing is the big brouhaha over those horns. Speaking of horns, if you ever have any of the Great Value (Walmart store brand) hot dog chili, keep some antacids handy. Just sayin'.

Well, I'm really missing breathing right about now, so I think I might go and get two of those popsicles I forgot to serve last night at Bible study and shove one up each nostril and see if the cold helps my cold.

I will leave you with this picture of Pepper. It has nothing to do with anything above, but the stuff above doesn't really have any coherence anyway, so I guess it fits in perfectly.


1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

I enjoyed your randomativity (yes, I made up that word). Tell me how the popsicles up the nose went... :)