Friday, June 8, 2012

So tired...

Do you ever get tired? So tired that you just sit and stare and think about the endless list of things you should get up and do, but you can't manage to actually move. So tired that you imagine you unload the dishwasher and put away the clean clothes, but there they still sit, loaded full and stacked high?

That's how I feel.

It was a long year. Long. I think back to September when my mom fell and November when my dad died. Forever ago. Mom is recovering well. Not without a few bumps in the road, but still recovering nonetheless.

Sometimes I forget Dad is gone, and then something happens that I would tell him about and I think about calling him and imagine how I'd start the conversation. And I remember. It was hard not having him at Kelsey's graduation. She is such a hard-worker. He would have been proud.

It seems forever ago, almost like it didn't even happen in this decade or even this millennium. It's weird.

Since all that happened, there have been countless hours of school and homework and grading and late-night chats and tears and laughter and cleaning and crafting and loading and unloading and folding and putting away.

School ended last Friday, and we rolled straight into graduation and graduation parties. Rolling, rolling, rolling.

Monday morning dawned. I suppose. I slept through dawn, thankfully. On Tuesday, Zane finished up his exams. Summer has officially begun, and we look like the wounded warriors' wing of some scholastic infirmary.

Rest. We need rest, and not just sleep--rest.

I need to watch this again. I'm going to tuck it here to remind myself to rest.

No comments: