Saturday, July 26, 2014

Challenge 13... cauliflower pizza crust...


Let me just go on the record in saying that I think the whole gluten-free thing is a little overhyped. I have some sweet friends with celiac disease, and I 100% know their reaction to gluten is legit, but gluten, in my humble opinion, isn't causing the decline of Western culture.

That said, around the middle of September last year, I saw a picture of myself and thought... I look old and fat and tired. Ew. I sent a text message to a friend and about a week later I started a journey towards a much healthier life.

I've lost over 70 lbs and am transitioning to a maintenance phase, so that means that I'm looking for great recipes that will give me the most bang for my caloric buck. I found this great recipe for cauliflower pizza crust on Pinterest.

I decided to do a little experiment and just make "homemade" pizza (as far as the kids knew) and have the family try it without telling them the crust was made from cauliflower.  It was a HUGE hit. The Zackster said that it was way better than Pizza Hut, and Zane said it was different, but he really liked it.
Jimmy asked me to put it in the regular rotation of meals.

So yay! New, healthy pizza!!! Click here for the recipe.


No comments: