Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Harris Teeter redo




Ever since the Ice Storm of '02 our boy Zacky has been addicted to chocolate milk. It's along story that deserves a blog post of its own, but I'm not going to explain it here.

[Focus, Norma. Focus.]

Have you seen the price of chocolate milk?! Oy! The good kind he really likes is nearly $5 for a half gallon. Seriously. So... we're letting Zack get hopped up on hormones and drink regular milk, but he's drinking a LOT less of it than he used to, so it evens out.

I found chocolate milk in a GLASS milk jug at Harris Teeter. Yeah, that's right. Harris Teeter. Glass milk jugs. I know! I didn't know they still exist either.

Anyway, it's a pretty little glass jug and I couldn't resist using it for flowers. Aren't they just darlin'? Yes, they are from my yard. And yes, I'm cheating as I took this picture a couple of months ago. The hydrangea bush has pretty much maxed out. But back then I just thought I had a cute vase. Now I'm celebrating the rebirth of an object that would have otherwise landed in the recycing bin.

No, I'm not going all left-wing militant environmentalist. I'm just trying to be a good steward of the resources with which the Lord has blessed us. And it's really kind of fun!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You know if you take that glass jug back to the Teeter you get to exchange it for another (full) one for less money, right? I love the milk exchange! I feel so farm-girlish.

But I also love your use of milk-jug-as-vase. Very nice!

Gretchen said...

Love it!
So pretty!