Monday, January 19, 2009

Knitting the time away ...



I used to do craft projects all the time. Multiple projects all going at once. It was fun, but I found myself struggling to finish SOMETHING. Having a tendency to be a little ADD, it's a good thing when I can sit down and do a project, finish it in a short amount of time, and get on with life.

For that reason, I love knitting scarves. QUICK project! I discovered it during the Valentine Virus of '07... when the tummy bug ripped through out house, leaving only Zane and me unscathed. I had lots of time that I needed to sit with Zack, Kelsey and Jimmy... in case they needed anything. And I didn't want to sit there doing nothing at all. And they certainly didn't feel like playing games or anything. So I started knitting.

This past weekend, I felt the creativity bug bite again. Since Jimmy was organizing the garage, I didn't have help to paint anything, so I decided to knit again. I like knitting. It gives me something to do with my hands, leaving my brain largely freed up to converse or watch TV. And if I knit a scarf... the only thing I actually know how to knit... I'm done in two evenings. Woo Hoo!!!



2 comments:

Amy said...

Very nice! I can relate to what you say about having multiple projects. I am enticed by new projects. Then when I go back to finish an older one, it takes so much longer because I have to remember where I left off.

Tracey said...

oooo..love it! I've caught the crocheting bug again and I'm working on a throw blanket. It will take a while, but so much fun and relaxing!