Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Incredible Disappearing Post...

Where'd it go?

If you read the post on "Paul Revere's Ride" and my subsequent clarification about my concerns being for parent involvement and not about the quality of education at our school or any other school, you'll notice it's not here anymore.

There are three reasons for that.

First, I noticed some comments mentioned the name of the school where I work. I have tried to keep that out of this blog for privacy reasons. Our kids go there. It's just not safe to tell people on the Internet lots of specific details.

Second, I didn't want to call into question the quality of education at our school. I firmly believe it is the best around. I am excited Kelsey will be taking APUSH (AP US History) next year. She took Honors Constitution this year and has studied in detail the entire document. I can't begin to tell you how many conversations we have had about our own government's recent decisions in light of exactly which article they violate. Down to the paragraph most of the time, and sometimes down to the sentence. The prospect of discussing the Federalist papers next year is exciting. We'll get to interact with Kelsey about her school work, and in the process Zane and Zack will learn a few things about our nation, our family, and how our faith impacts our role as citizens.

Third, in all honesty, I sincerely think each of the students who asked the shocking questions is new to our school this year. Yet, I don't want to slam any other schools because, well ... you know ... there's the whole not-boasting thing. Those kids are in seventh grade. Before they're part of the voting population, they too will have the opportunity to dissect the Constitution and study American History in great detail.

That said, I am grateful to know that I have friends who are so passionate about our great nation. I am right there with you.

No comments: