Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Ikea stool...

Remember the bag-o-Ikea goodies? Well, to the left of that bag was a box--the only piece of Ikea furniture I brought home this trip.


That box was a step stool for my kitchen. I am short -- very, very short compared to the height of my cabinets. I can reach things on the first shelf and the front of the second shelf.  Higher up or further in and I'm in trouble.

Online they showed the stool in two finishes --natural birch and brown-black stain. When we got to Ikea, there were no brown-black stained step stools. So sad. My friend Suzanne and I decide that the natural birch one looked pretty unfinished, so I bought it.


I took ebony stain I had left over from a failed attempt to convert a white-washed frame into an ebony-stained frame, and I stained...


... myself AND the stool.


I'm sure this will take my cooking to new heights. Bahahahahaha! *smh* I did not just say that...

No comments: