Friday, July 1, 2011

The land of the in-laws...


Jimmy's grandmother was born in Sweden. Her maiden name was Andersen. Therefore, we feel a kindred spirit with Ikea, which could go a long way in explaining my over-the-top affection for the retailer.

Yesterday we made our first summer of 2011 visit to Ikea. I went with a printed list from the Ikea website. Dave Ramsey haunts me wherever I go, so I have to have a list to avoid budget-busting purchases. Dave would be proud because I spent 30% less than I had budgeted. It was because of the rug. The rug I loved on the website was boo-ugly in real life.

I'll get around to posting what I'm doing with everything, but here's a shot of most of what came home with us. Little stuff, but hopefully it will have a lovely impact on the home place.


While I was there, I found my dream kitchen. I'm processing how it will translate here...Do I take ideas from it and apply them to what I've got? Do I postpone all immediate plans to tweak the kitchen and budget to buy the Ikea version because we've got to do something with cabinet doors that are cracking and falling off their hinges? Do I apply some ideas now, while budgeting for future changes? Oh, the quandry.

In the meantime, here are pictures of dreamland...






And here is proof that I can out-plan, out-shop and out-last my kids at Ikea:

No comments: