Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Unless we see a bear, this concludes Wyld Kingdome...

... because even I am tired of this topic.

So... then on Saturday I was raking out the flower beds, clearing the accumulation of rotting leaves. I was on literally the last stretch. I'd gotten past the hose. I'd even moved two of the three sprinklers (because we're old skool and don't have an irrigation system). And, of course, I got to the third and there he was. I'm not naming him. I'm not posting a picture. Because I have no love for any of them. But you can click here and see someone else's picture of the slithery critter.

So I just quit looking closely at ... nature. Then on Monday, Zack and I came home from school and went poolside to talk to Jimmy, who was trying to figure out why the water was still. so. very. GREEN. And sunning on the step leading to the pool deck was a little baby version of the slithery thing living in our courtyard.



I think I'm about done with reptiles.

No comments: