Monday, April 27, 2009

Videos that make you go hmmmm...

This time it's not because they're stupid. Actually, it's totally the opposite.

My friend, Suzanne, posted a link on my Facebook to a great You Tube video about how we regularly mangle the language. Suzanne thinks. A lot. She's really smart. She even taught her hamsters how to use a litter box. She was a psych major. I did well not to un-house-train the dog when we got her.

So I kinda got into the What You Ought To Know series on You Tube. It started with this:





And then I watched this:



And next thing I knew, I spent a couple of hours watching lots of videos that really made me think. So I went to their website:

http://www.whatyououghttoknow.com/.

Then I got sad because I found out they ran out of money and are taking a break. Maybe forever. No money'll do that to ya.

So, if you get a chance, toodle over and give a few of the clips a watch. I highly recommend "Bailout! Bailout!" and "Gay Marriage" (the video, not the practice) and "Liberals vs. Conservatives." Not saying that I agree 100% with EVERYTHING he says, but I am 100% behind the idea that we need to be thinking. This is absolutely not the time to be living life in the passive lane.

No comments: