Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sneaky little parents...

Let me preface this post by saying that it would have helped if I had taken a real "before" picture, but I thought I had one I could use.

Notsomuch.

But here's a recent shot of Kelsey's room when she was studying for the AP Bio exam. She made a a Fortress of AP Biolitude.

She's hated the pink room with flowers since the day we moved into this house, but we compromised a few months ago and bought a new comforter with the promise that someday soon she'd get the room painted.

Since the soon ship has long since sailed, we opted for Impact Week to paint it. She doesn't know.

I feel safe blogging about it before she comes home because: a) in theory she doesn't have interwebs at camp; b) even if she did have interwebs, she'd be creeping on her friends' tumblrs and formsprings; and c) I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any idea where this blog is. So... (: [Translation: win!]


Kelsey's room before:




Kelsey's room almost-after:



I say almost-after because the walls are a blank crystal aqua canvas at the moment. I am not crazy enough to try to guess what on earth a sixteen-year-old would want to put on her walls. Sitting in the corner opposite the window in the picture, there's a big pile of stuff from which she can choose to garnish her walls. Or she can pick anything else her heart desires, so long as she never ever hangs anything with scotch tape again. (Ah hem...)

I'll show you how it turns out when I finish.

Happy July!

1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

I like it! Wanna come decorate my house too? And, yes, you are very sneaky!