Saturday, July 17, 2010

What's blessing my heart right now?


Kelsey just got home from the Camp Caleb mission trip. They went to Islamorada, FL, and helped with VBS for migrant workers' kids. She had a great time loving on the kids. We are so proud of her, and we all missed her terribly.

My heart's blessed that she's home and blessed that she got to spend the week with Sara, who leaves for college in a few weeks. For nearly a decade, I've gauged where Kelsey is heading by where Sara is now. I've learned two things: 1) time really DOES fly, and 2) we have been blessed to have Sara set the example for how to grow into a young woman who loves Jesus and lives to serve Him by serving others. She has been an awesome encouragement to Kelsey. There aren't a lot of young women who take time to pour into the lives of girls a step or two behind them in the walk through the teen years.

I stand in awe of God's goodness to raise up girls like Sara and Kelsey who love Jesus and others. It blesses my heart.

No comments: