Saturday, August 7, 2010

I needed that...

Monday I walk back through the doors of school. That sounds like I haven't been there all summer. Actually, I've been there routinely transporting Zane home from football workouts, but I carefully avoided the inside of the building for most of the break. I needed this summer desperately. Last year was... BRoooo-Tal.

I did pop in a couple of times last week to put borders and shells (as in sea) on the bulletin boards and hang some spiffy new posters. Will post pics... eventually.

And I've been drafting curriculum for two new creative writing classes all summer.

And I've come us with some new stuff for journalism that should either be really fun or send kids to drop/add in droves.

But other than the superificals like bulletin boards and writing exercises, I've pretty successfully avoiding thinking about teaching. You know... the inspirational kind of thinking you really ought to do to be a good teacher.

And then my sweet Jenn, who is one of the best thinkers (and in general one of the most beautiful human beings) I know, posted a link on Facebook.

Why don't you take a minute to check it out here.

Good stuff, huh? I think I'm ready now.

Thanks, Jenn!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You're welcome!

Those numbers made me really sad. I can't tell you how many people I know who really consider it a badge of honor to not like books.

I once gave my baby sister copies of three of my favorite books for her birthday. She looked at me like I had given her boogers. Broke my heart...