Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby Charlotte...

My friend, Jenn, had a baby on Monday. Charlotte Ruth. She's absolutely adorable.

Jenn's one of those women of God who fuels my faith. She has a sparkle. Sparkles mean a lot to me because they come only when you have a passion for Jesus. It's cool.

Baby Charlotte is having a pretty big operaton tomorrow morning. Her heart's plumbing doesn't work the way it should, so she's going into surgery at 7am for some work. I'm praying for Charlotte and her mom and dad and big brother.

God is big. Very, very big. God is good. Very, very good. No matter how He chooses to use Charlotte's life, I know it will be for His glory. But tonight in Bible study, I learned that Jesus taught us to pray with "chutzpa--reckless bravery, audacity." So that's how I'm going to pray.
Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give
him a snake instead? Or it he askes for an egg, will give him a scoprion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to
those who ask him! (Luke 11:11-13)
I find it interesting that Jesus summed up good gifts at the Holy Spirit. Having the Holy Spirit, we have direct access to all the resources of God, the presence of God, and the wisdom of God. The Holy Spirit is the Gift that keeps on giving. He is One through whom all that God has for His children is distributed. (Jennifer Kennedy Dean. Secrets Jesus Shared..., 155-156)

No comments: