Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Domestic moment...

I am truly not one to love schedules or routines.

But facing a new era in life when I'm going back to work (albeit teaching just one class...still... it's been 14 years...), I'm looking to the Fly Lady to keep my house in order while I'm coming and going at a frantic pace in the coming weeks.

It's all about routines. And not putting off stuff like unloading the dishwasher and making the beds and folding the laundry. Such simple steps that had I not tried them myself, I would have never believed it. Her little morning and evening routines really do make things fall into place for the rest of the day.

If you've not met the Fly Lady yet and are struggling to keep on top of the dailymess of life... check her out!

http://www.flylady.com/

You can find the timer at Target, but her feather duster really is the best one out there. If you invest in a true Fly Lady feather duster, try the long-handled one. It gets everything!

2 comments:

Deb Burton said...

It's been awhile since I last checked her site and followed by her routine. When I did, I have to say, my house was cleaner, fresher smelling and less hectic. I still employ some of her rules, but I've gotten way off track of abiding by zone cleaning and my routines of the day. And I write to my blog in my PJs, a big no no! Time to get back in line with the Fly Lady!

Shannon Dingle said...

I'll be honest ... Fly Lady scares me a little. Maybe, after your testimonial, I'll give her a chance again.