Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blue Heaven...

Woot! There are those moments that happen that you just know are sent from Above. After all, every good and perfect gift does come from Above. And this certainly was good and perfect. (All you ABCers can just hush. Let me have my moment.)

We had been talking about the big planetarium field trip for weeks. I was a student at UNC for six (+) years and had never been inside the planetarium. I walked across the sundial a gazillion times, but never ventured inside. How I missed out on that part of the scavenger hunt when I was a pledge (yeah, yeah, yeah... new member... whatever), I don't know. It was on the list, but I missed it.

Anyway, we determined a week or so ago that we were going to go on the field trip and since returning to school with the group wasn't mandatory, Zack and I thought a milkshake at Sutton's Drug Store would be the perfect way to spend the rest of the morning.

So after watching stars and planets spin around for about 45 minutes, we headed up Franklin Street. And what to our wondering eye should appear, but a legendary Tar Heel, making a quick stop at Sutton's during finals.

After I gave him the answer to the first fill-in-the-blank question on the final ("You're Tyler Hansbrough!"), I asked him if I could get a shot of him and Zack, and Number 50, said, "Yeah, sure!"



^^^^^
See?!!!!
:-D

Zack & his posse after the brush with greatness...



Oh yeah... we went to Chapel Hill to see a show at the planetarium...
but you know, the b-ball star was the brightest!


...raisin' the boy right.
We drank from the Old Well, and then Zack announced
he wants to go to Carolina. Maybe the
legend is true!


I think this is a picture in front of South Building, but
Zack says it's a picture of him in front
of the round thing that's on the
t-shirt in the student store.

That would be us... in front of the student store.
No round thing, though.


Greenlaw... where I spent most of my waking hours
at UNC.

Z-dawg at the entrance to Arb Lane.


My sorority house... diagonally across the street
from the planetarium.


Yep... Chapel Hill... the southern part of heaven...

2 comments:

Tracey said...

"first question on the final"..Ha Ha Ha Ha...you are sooo witty! Love the pictures..and just so you know, the very first time I walked on UNC's campus, I went to the planetarium...it truly is a beautiful campus! OK, I've used up all my nice words about UNC for today. Have a great day!

Jenn said...

What a great day!