Monday, May 11, 2009

Wired4Film...

Wolverine* and Star Trek* hit the theaters over the past couple of weeks in what Hollywood hopes to be its first truly blockbuster summer in a very long time.


Summer movies on the way are:

Terminator Salvation * (May 21)

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian *(May 22)

Up *(May 29)

Land of the Lost *(June 5)

Imagine That *(June 12)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen *(June 24)

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs *(July 1)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince* (July 15)

G-Force *(July 24)


How do I know these movies are coming? I went to the local cinema recently and saw a whole slew of trailers. And I watch TV and see a whole passel of commercials. And I surf the 'net quite a bit and stumble on a bunch of ads and industry reports.

Now... here's the BIG question: What faith-based films are either out now or in the pipeline? Besides Facing the Giants and Fireproof. Hmmm... Where do you go to find THAT?


You go here:


Wired4Film.com is a Hollywood Reporter-type site for faith-based films. Click on the logo above to visit the site. I have a buddy who is big in the world of student filmmaking (teaching students to make films) and he is friends with the guy who is trying to get Wired4Film off the ground in a major way.

So if you have a spare moment, pop in over there and show them some love. It's a great site to help you choose where you want to send your movie-ticket dollars. And if you're one of those activist-types, you can pummel your local theater with emails and calls and letters, asking them to show some of these faith-based indy movies.

*Disclaimer: I am not endorsing any of these movies. Goodness... I haven't even seen them, although I'm hearing great things about Star Trek. I'm just making a point that there's lots of publicity out there for this summer's line-up. Y'all are smart people. See them if you think it's a good thing and don't see them if you don't. I highly recommend reading the Plugged-In Online review before you spend your hard-earned cash to walk across the sticky floor and sit and stare at the GIGANTIC screen for two hours.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Thanks for the site! I want to see Star Trek, but will have wait a couple of weeks so I can use my free pass. And...if I don't get anymore free passes, this will be the only 'summer' movie I'll get to see...but, never fear..there's always Netflix!

Jenelle Leanne said...

www.screenit.com is another good site for finding out what's in a movie (although you can't see new releases that are still in the theaters unless you subscribe, which, I believe costs $$) however, all the stuff on DVD is free to peruse to your heart's content. I don't know if it's a Christian site, but sometimes it is nice to just see what's in a movie without reading someone's blog about the plot as well. :)