Sunday, December 19, 2010

Love is in the house...

... is one of my favorite TobyMac songs.

It summarizes how we're feeling right now.  Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary.  I love Jimmy wayyy more than I did 23 years ago, and I am confident that 23 years from now I will love him wayyy more than I do today.  I am amazed at how our Lord knits hearts to Him and to each other.  It is one of the miracles of Love.


We didn't have a chance to go away for the whole weekend as we had planned earlier in the year.  The weather forecast as a little iffy for wintry weather.  So instead last night we had a romantic late-night dinner at one of our favorite restaurants near home.  Then today (our actual anniversary) we drove to CB and spent the day there, just the two of us.  We watched the sun set and the moon rise.  We walked over to the freezing cold beach and shared a few sweet minutes under the full moon before we had to jump in the car and head home.  On the way out, we toured the Islands of Light.  So us, don't you think?

No comments: