Sunday, December 26, 2010

Seven inches of snow = snow cream without sticks and leaves...


Can you believe that I've never made snow cream before?  I had such great memories of my mom's and my Grandma B's snow cream that I didn't dare try.

But the local bigtime TV station tweeted a link to recipes, and I thought:  surely I can't screw it up THAT badly. So I made it, and it was awesome.

Here's the recipe I started with, and then I just kept adding more and more of each ingredient until I had enough snow cream for six. (Kelsey's BFF got snowed in with us.)

1  cup milk/cream
1/2  cup sugar
1  tsp vanilla extract
5-6 quarts of snow

So far we've built a snow bug, had a snowball fight, and made snow cream.  Time for a snow nap.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I've never made it, either. Now is the time to try!