Monday, January 31, 2011

Tricky little S'mart...

One of my two favorite clothing stores sent me a coupon over the interwebs.  I'm pretty sure they sent the coupon to a few other people too.

It was a "Take-an-additional-40%-off-all-Red-Dot-Clearance" coupon.  The Chickie Shopper Code requires that I go to such events or risk losing my certified Chickie Shopper status.

What did I find (besides that adorable tunic-length cap-sleeve gray sweater vest with faux fur trim)? I found trickiness.  You see, there are TWO kinds of sale items at the S'mart.  One kind is "Red-Dot Clearance," and the other is just plain old "Sale" (how prosaic). And the signs look SOOOO similar.  I think that's tricky.

They ought to make the signs for non "Take-an-additional-40%-off-all-Red-Dot-Clearance" coupon items a distinct color, like... say... blaze orange.  You know, the color hunters wear so that they don't get shot in the woods when stalking down their prey.  The Red-Dot signs can remain their lovely red, black and white.  Think about it; it would totally work.  After all, if we're going to risk life and limb out there bargain hunting, we ought to have an official system to ensure budget safety.

Red-Dot-Clearance sign


NOT Red-Dot-Clearance sign

No comments: