Monday, March 21, 2011

Things I can't figure out...

I can't figure out...
  • how to stay on the right week of a curriculum guide when each year has different weeks being a different number of days. One year Week #27 has five days of school. Another year Week #27 has two days.
  • how to stay on a diet.
  • how to find "balance" in a job that consumes every minute of time that I will let it, but one that I love dearly and is infinitely easier than dealing with auxiliary dramas.
  • how to get to bed before midnight.
  • how to work exercise into the mix when I can't show up at work sweaty and late, and I'm trying to get to bed before midnight.
  • how to coach my daughter into womanhood without making her angry or hurting her feelings.
  • how to encourage my kids to do their best without making them feel like I don't think they are good enough.
  • how to finish "work" in all forms in order to have time to "play" with my youngest.
  • how to be more thinking and less feeling. 
  • how not to take it personally when I hear NO over and over... or worse... nothing at all.
Note to self: Don't neglect the One Thing.

No comments: