Tuesday, November 18, 2008

About today...

First of all... Seven Arrows... Me too! Whew! So glad someone else does that...



Woo Hoo!!!

It snowed today! Well... more like flurried. Here's a picture of the giant snow bucket that poured randomly onto our fair town. Virtually nothing in the world makes me as giddy as snow, but today... today was a special day... A monumental day... A day of epic proportion...





Today... Dah Dah ta dah... Dah Dah ta dah... Dah Dah Dah Dah Dah Dah... TA DAH!!!
Today it finally happened!

Distinguished guests... I am proud (and mondo relieved) to present to you... THE SHIELD!!!
*roar of applause, cheers; some faint*





Somewhere a photographer is crying over the quality of this shot. But I couldn't wait for the correct lighting or the perfect shot. I'm just way too excited. I wish I could write all the stories that went into this. Not the actual subjects of the articles, but the stories of the writers and designers who poured into this product in near-heroic ways. Education is a journey. I never thought I'd want to go down the high school road again as an educator. But this fall, something clicked. And I'm lovin' what I do at the moment.

Many, many thanks to our staff. "Y'all rock" barely begins to touch how proud I am of you all. And a debt of gratitude to KB, for letting me play with all the cool kids.

But most of all... all praise and glory to the Father ... the Most High ... the Creator ... and to His One and Only Son ... the Living Word!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on the birth of the ink baby. It looks beautiful. I am glad we are sisters in Christ and in socks.
love ya!

Amber said...

Glad you got the article done! And yes, crib/ rooming situation has been solved... thanks for checking! #4 will be in with us for a couple of months. I borrowed a bassinet which is a perfect size (really narrow and compact) from Kristin Abbamonte Kocher (old youth secretary) I think it's going to work out perfectly!