Saturday, November 22, 2008

Enough for a snowball fight...

11/21/08
5:57am

Mom, are you awake?
Not yet.
Mom, it's snowing.
Where?
Outside my window.
Here?
Yes.
Are you sure you're not dreaming?
Yes. I got up to see if it daytime yet and it was snowing.
Seriously?
Yes!

Looking out the window @ 5:59am...





Dressed... little dawn light...
Wow! It IS snowing!



6:40am-

Is school canceled?
Are you kidding me?
Do we have to go?
Yes.
Can we have a snowball fight before we go?
Sure! Let's start the car so it can be warming up...




To Do List - 11/22/08
1. Winterize the pool

Oops.




Snowball fight!




Splat!




Loading up for one more round @ 6:58am...



7:05am ... off to school!


What a nice way to wrap up a LONG fall stretch without a break...

2 comments:

poison_ivy777 said...

Well I am glad you had a beautiful snowy morning. As for here it is still warm enough that I didn't even need a jacket on when I went walking at 6:40 AM. lol sad I know.

Anonymous said...

I was the first to see the snow and tried to use it to entice the boys out of bed for school. When they had to finally get up, William refused to get dressed for school because he said "Raleigh always shuts down when the first snowflake falls...surely they have canceled school already." Much to his dismay, they all got dressed and left for school with snow sprinkled on the ground.