Saturday, November 15, 2008

Celebrating Christmas!!!


Our little spin-off project from Holidays Fit for the King is up and running.
Celebrating Christmas is a gathering of friends sharing ideas for crafts, decorating, entertaining, reflecting, studying, and celebrating, all the while making Jesus the focus of the whole holiday season.

We have several friends who are lending their talents in writing and photography to the blog. The plan is to post daily (and sometimes there are a couple of posts on one day) from now through January 6th, Epiphany/Old Christmas. If you are one of those friends... you know I can never thank you enough. Know that I'm praying the Lord will bless you in such a big way that there's no denying it's directly from Him.

If you're a friend out there who has been meaning to send something but just not gotten around to it yet... it's not too late. Email me your post. There are 39 days 'til Christmas and then we're posting through Christmastide (12 Days of Christmas) and on Epiphany. That's a whole lotta posts!

Going back to this morning... Susan and I were blessed once again this year to share about Advent at HFFK. As usual, we had a blast! Anything that necessitates an afternoon chatting at Caribou Coffee with a BFF in order to plan... it's a very, very good thing! Once again, I walked away in awe of her elegance and grace. And determined that at some point before my children leave for college we're going to eat off the fine china at least once. If I can find it!

One of the things I most look forward to about Celebrating Christmas is hearing from other ladies. I haven't been able to be in an organized Bible study this semester because of my new job... uh... ministry opportunity to high schoolers. I miss the fellowship of Bible study so very much. I know that I am doing exactly what the Lord has called me to do, but still... there are costs to ministry. But God is faithful. And the whole closed doors and open windows concept certainly applies here.

That said... toodle on over to Celebrating Christmas and join in the fun! Looking forward to hearing from you there too!

No comments: