Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting Jimmy down from the ladder...

Today my mom asked me how long I'm going to leave Jimmy up there on the ladder.

Momma... I'm helping him down right now...

Here is the entry hall stairway before Jimmy painted. I forgot to take "before " photos of the hall. Who photographs a hallway? Sheesh.


And here is the entry stairway after Jimmy finished painting.



My friend Melinda came up with the perfect explanation of color for me. Color needs to feel "happy." The old color was SO nondescript, it wasn't happy at all. The new color... happy, happy, happy!!!

Now... I'm having issues with the trim/cabinets in the kitchen and family room. Don't like the color even one micro snippet of a bit. Hummm.... how long do I need to wait before we tackle THAT project?

4 comments:

Shannon Dingle said...

Wow - it's amazing how the color change just makes that area POP!

Tracey said...

Love the color..it makes me happy..and it makes me happy that your hubby is off the ladder..ha ha ha (your mom is a trip).

Karen said...

NORMA!!!
I love the color of your kitchen cabinets. Will you reconsider?

Norma said...

I wish I could give you all the color off of my kitchen cabinets! There's just too much of it. And it's a little on the green side of gold. Could you send me your white cabinets?