Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cheeseburger in blender, diced...

If there's Harris Teeter cake, it must be birthday time! Yay! Earlier this week I celebrated my birthday. Isn't that a rockin' cake? Family tradition, you know. Gotta have the cake from the Teeter. I loved the colors. If I could decorate my whole house in bright colors like that and possibly get away with it, I most certainly would.



See how I'm switching it up on you? Last post I put the comments BELOW the photos. This post, I'm commenting ABOVE the photos. Ooooooohhhh... tricky! Trying to switch it up to keep your summer from being boring.

Jimmy brought me gorgeous roses. In this photo you can also see the new columns that are keeping our master bedroom from falling into our family room. They are still unpainted, as no one will let me paint them orange and blue like the cake. So now I have to decide whether we are going to keep the painted trim color we have now for the long haul or whether we're going to start the transition to white trim with these columns and the stained beams. Any suggestions? (I can hear my dad now... Why would we give you suggestions? You're going to do what you want to do anyway. Ultimately, true. But I do value counsel along the way!)

You can also see the mugs that go with our new dishes. Had to get new everyday dishes as the old ones were plastic and it was driving me and everyone else in the house crazy that we couldn't microwave in them. Didn't want any added toxins messin' up our dinner. So I ordered new dishes a couple of months ago. They're happy dishes. :)


And then there was the traditional take-out for birthday dinner. Last year, we got take-out from Kemps, which led to an anaphylatic reaction to shrimp on Zack's part. That was a little more excitement that we were up for this year, so we got Outback. No shrimp.

Who loves the cheeseburgers most? Kelsey-girl. And since she was a little less than 36 hours post oral surgery, she was bummed everyone else was eating her favorite. Poor, poor Kelsey! Quick... what can we do to include Kelsey in the birthday fun???
I know! Let's get her a cheeseburger and put it in the blender. A cheeseburger shake!!! So... per Kelsey's request, we blended the WHOLE think together: burger, cheese, bun, lettuce, onions, tomatoes.



And the end product looked not unlike Pepper's dinner. Bleh! But Kelsey said it tasted good. I hope so. I sat diagonally across the table from her and carefully avoided looking at her cheeseburger shake directly.


We made it through dinner to Harris Teeter cake time. Woo Hoo!!!


And EVERYONE was happy. Even Kelsey, who had to eat cake like ice cream. Ya know, eating utensils are usually not optional when eating cake that isn't cupcake. But for this birthday, we were adapting, improvising and overcoming.

Maybe next year we can have the most boring birthday dinner ever. That would be nice.


2 comments:

Karen said...

I was hoping the cheeseburger in the blender was a joke. I see it was not. Yikes. Don't think I could've done that. You're a good mom! (by the way, do you think it means anything that the word verification for this post is "flabi"? SIGH...I think I will try to exercise today.)

Jenelle Leanne said...

Happy belated birthday!

I hope Kelsey is feeling all better real soon. I remember having my wisdom teeth out, but I think I had an out of the ordinary easy time of it...

See you Wednesday!