Saturday, June 27, 2009

Winding up our show-n-tell time - IKEA: Part 4...

And finally... the family room and rec room/basement goodies...

...my new laptop desk. It is so handy not to have a hot laptop in my lap when I'm blogging. The searing heat of the flames shooting out on my legs was getting a little distracting.

...and the new side table. It is fun to see the flat box in the car turn into a piece of furniture at home.

I saw this lamp online and knew Jimmy needed something over in his corner of the family room. This light is perfect in that it both creates ambiance and provides task lighting. Swedish genius.


And finally (for now... there's still one more little thing, but it's going to take some doing to get it blog-ready), I got four metal display/dry erase boards. Yep. Home Organization section of the Marketplace. But all four of them were still half of what it would have been to make the galvanized display board I had in mind. And these you can use dry erase markers on them too.
The only problem is that I can't figure out where to hang them.

I got them to go here, in the ping pong room, but the color doesn't fit nearly as well as I'd envisioned.

So now they're sitting in the hallway, where we need something to break up the gold. But I can't decide whether to put them on THIS side...

...or on THIS side. Do I match the fuse boxes on the same side or carry the color to the other side to create a more color-balanced space? Hmmm... thoughts?

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Oh yeah, I'm going to have to travel to Ikea..what a great shopping adventure you had with Z! Can't wait to see all your treasures IRL!