Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Challenge 6... to do...

The To-Do list for the week. I'm starting the To-Do list on Tuesday because Sunday we recovered from graduation festivities and Monday I was busy turning 50.  That brings us to today.

1. Call about insurance on the condo. Goodness, I wish it were more glamorous, but that's it. We need new insurance on our condo. Our little renter is in there, and the insurance we currently have runs out at the end of this month. Because we first got insurance in 2005 we couldn't find an NC-underwritten company that would carry insurance on NC coastal properties, but I think maybe we can get it through the same company that carries our homeowners, auto, and umbrella policies.

2. Call the painters. I have finally found a color I want to pain the kitchen/family room area. Woot. On Saturday, hours before we were hosting several dozen guests (mostly football players) for a graduation party, I was shopping at Target and found a couple of lovely stools and a metal serving tray. They're an off-white/antique white color. As I've stared at them over the past two days, I see that the color coordinates perfectly with the furniture and rugs and cabinets and countertops. I've been waiting five years to find a color I like; this is it. So, callin' the painters...

3. Read. I'm on vacation-- I get to read.
a. Summer Reading. Zack had to choose between Voyage of the Dawn Treader and A Wrinkle in Time as his summer reading for seventh grade. He selected Voyage yesterday, and we started reading. Since it's C.S. Lewis, it's going to be a family affair. Nobody's going to Narnia without me--it's my happy place. However... after reading Chapter 1, I realize the boy hasn't seen or read Lion or Caspian.  Whoa, Nellie. How did this happen? He's read Percy Jackson, but not been to print Narnia. SMH. Child #3. Had to download them onto my Kindle. We'll be heading through the wardrobe later today. 
 b. Norma Reading. As a high school English teacher, I usually get to read two things: works I'm teaching and student writing. Sometimes, I read a title the kids are reading, especially if they sneak it into class and try to read is while we're supposed to be diagramming sentences or something equally as scintillating. {Must be good stuff to detract from sentence diagramming.} But on Sunday I started reading a book by Anne Graham Lotz, recommended to me by my sweet friend of many years. It is EXACTLY what I needed. I can see how the Lord has been preparing my heart for this book for a long time. If you get a chance and have ever had a moment's worth of conflict with anyone who is a believer, read it. It's titled Wounded by God's People. SPOILER ALERT: It's not them; it's you. 
4. Call and schedule checkups. For the one with Osgood-Schlatter's; for the one who needs retesting for tree nut and shellfish allergies; for the one who has to have a sports physical; for the one who has to have a college physical; for the one who has 50-year-old eyes and probably needs bifocals now. That should do it. Everything else has already been scheduled.

5. Load up on Vitamin D. There is something healing to my soul about being in the sunshine by the water. It doesn't even matter what water, just that it's water.

Five is enough for one day. Off to make this list happen...


No comments: