Friday, June 13, 2014

Challenge 9... fitbit lit...




I can barely contain the joy in my heart! Woo Hoo!  Look at me all Fitbit lit! That, folks, means that I walked my 10,000 steps today.

*happy dance*
*200 more steps*

But for real, you need to get one of these things.  I hate tracking anything.  Tracking is THE worst. That's one of the reasons the program I've used to realign lifestyle with health goals works for me. All I have to do is remember to eat every three hours. Can do.

Of course, the major lifestyle shift works better if I can also drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, be at least moderately active for 30 minutes, take as many steps as possible (10,000 being the goal), and sleep AT LEAST 6-7 hours a night (that's a big one for my old habit of sleeping 4-5 hours a night).  But all that means tracking so. many. numbers.

And then --- laaahhhhhh!!! --- Fitbit!

 It does ALL THAT, plus calories in and calories out. Glory. I LOVE THIS THING!!!

I was just looking at the activity graph and saw a spike between 5:30 and 5:45. What was I doing? I thought. I was walking around the neighborhood. For only 15 minutes? Yep. Driven home by thunder. I finished the time (and a little extra) on the elliptical tonight.

Much to my surprise, I've drank over 100 ounces today. Whoa.

I am so excited about my little tech toy! In the past two days I've found myself getting up and moving because I knew just sitting and surfing would show on the graph. Perfect.

You can order them from fitbit.com. Mine is the Fitbit Flex.

Seriously... you need one of these things. Make it happen.

No comments: