Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy graduation...

We interrupt these Challenge posts to bring you the graduation of second-born child, Zane. Time flies, y'all. I mean, time REALLY flies.

I am so proud of him. It's been a roller coaster ride, but wow, he has rallied. He stepped up to start (and then lead) a Cru High School small group, made all-conference in football, was selected (how none of us knows, since his phlegmatic temperament helps him keep a low profile in school) to deliver a keynote address at the Senior Assembly, finished with high honors and as an NC scholar (whatever that is).  I feel so very, very blessed.



Did I mention that time flies? All the time... for all the kids? Yeah, the baby girl is a young lady, a little over halfway through with college. The oldest male child, a high school graduate. The little dude... within striking distance of being taller than everyone except his dad.



We celebrated. Decor creds to Kelsey. I was running around town like a crazy woman, while she was at home making signs and arranging pics and generally transforming our home into a Zane shrine. LOL. She did great.

I loved hosting friends and family for good ol' NC barbecue, Gramma's cookies and pound cake, and s'mores made over the first fire of the 2014 summer season.

Yep, I feel blessed.

No comments: